Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day: 4/7/08

Now, I can appreciate the countryside as much as the next person, but I swear, if I have to drive by one more empty field on the highway, I think I will scream. So me and the girlfriend drove to Jonesboro this day. Boring. We did manage to keep ourselves conscious be talking, but there was not much to look at. I was particularly surprised at how little traffic there was. In my little world, I had thought Jonesboro to be a city of some significance, but with so little traffic on the expressway, I was really given reason to wonder if I was just imagnining the size of Jonesboro, or its importance. Even once we reached the city, there was not much traffic. Weird. A work day, not too long after most people had left work, and there still was not much in the way of traffic.

We made the hospital in plenty of time for visitation, and I must tell you, they have apparently some really good drugs up in there. My girlfriend's mother was flying higher than a kite after her procedures. All she could really talk about is how it was 'like being at Disneyland' with inflatable space suits she got to wear and the flying cars in the OPEC building. :)

The rest of the visit was mostly uneventful. We didn't have the test results back from the G.I.s and no doctors came by to visit to give us any information. The nurses on duty only took her vitals and left, bearing no information for us. Eventually, time came for us to leave. We gave our support and goodbyes and headed home.

If the drive up was boring, the drive back, at dusk/night was worse. Did not even have the fields to look at. So we chatted it up on the way back to pick up the kid. We arrived at our friends' house and spent a bit there talking about this and that. Finally, I was wore out and had to call it a night. We got home late and cleaned up and went to bed. A long day to be had.

No comments: