Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day: 4/21/08

As I was surfing around the internet today at Entrecard.com I found myself peering into various blogs that I was wondering just what the overall purpose was. Admittedly, I don't particularly have a direct purpose for this blog ( I pretend I know what I am doing ), but some of these blogs were so choked with advertisements and link exchangers that I could not find what the person writing the blog was trying to say. Are they saying the only have it for the money? I do not know if some of you have noticed or not, but I have been adding a few things other than RSS or Atom feeds to the panel on the right. Yep, I have been cyber-pimping my blog here. It turns out that I would like to know that someone somewhere is actually reading what I am typing here. I do not know why I feel that it is important, it is not like I am giving any serious relationship advice, or strategic business advice here. No, it is just me ranting and raving and talking about weird things here and there like toenails and product distribution on store shelves. So why would I care that people read this? Honestly, I do not have an answer for it. Perhaps I am feeling a little cut off from the world lately. Perhaps it is akin to giving a lecture and then having a Q&A session afterwards.

Some of this blog, like this posting in particular, are more for myself than necessarily for others. Then why blog about it if you do not want anyone else to read it? Well, I actually do not concern myself about whether someone else reads this or not ( I just conflicted with my previous statements, I am so proud ) on a normal basis. I do know that some parts of this blog are to be like a second memory for myself. To help me remember things that I would like to remember. Or, just to talk to myself to work out things that have been rolling around in my brain. It is not like I have many marbles up there to begin with so I have plenty of other things rolling around up there. :)

In time, this blog will become a sort of online Grimoire or Book of Shadows for myself. I am not like many Wiccans that believe that our Book(s) of Shadows must be hidden and not shared. I see little purpose in this thinking. The information is there, most people are not doing much that is truly groundbreaking. The books are out there ( *pimp alert* see the amazon.com widget for a brief listing ) for everyone who is interested. So hiding my Book of Shadows is kind of silly to me. Ok, on to the next point, I am starting to repeat myself. :)

See? I am sitting here having this discussion/lecture with myself and ye faithful readers and I am listening to this advertisement on TV about whitening your teeth so that you will be more attractive and get the big promotion at work while getting the supermodel of your dreams and having everything you could ever want. Yeah...right. These late night info-mercials are absolutely ridiculous. Everyone is so 'perfect' in them. Oh sure, they feign being 'normal' people, but you look at their hair, their clothes, the lives they portray and you wonder where these people come from and how did they have time to use these products for years when the product is just now available to the public? Theoretically, they were part of a select group for a trial run of the product, kind of like focus group testing. Yeah, these happen. Ever meet anyone in one of those? Honestly, I d have never known anyone offered to be a part of a focus group for a new product. Just like you, I get those spam emails saying you can win this or get this if you fill out the survey, etc. etc. I have not gotten flippity flop from anyone of them that I did.

Sigh. I seriously dislike our society and the focus on appearance as the main indicator of who a person is. I tire of 'perfect' people being shown before us 24/7 in every conceivable manner known to mankind. I am not perfect, I have made, and continue to make, mistakes. I do the best I can and you know what? If that is not good enough for them, then they can take a big bite of me. ;)

No comments: