Monday, February 25, 2008

Day: 2/24/08

Party time at the house. We had worked hard to scrub and polish the last few items in the house for the baby shower. The meat tray, vegetable tray, ice cream punch, bite-size little wieners, and other drinks were all assembled and laid out for the guests to begin arriving. We had been told to expect 30 or so people. Now, I don't know who learned how to count where, but we had maybe 8 show. 30...8...last I remember being taught, 8 is much smaller than 30. So, after a wonderful effort on everyone's part, we were comfy with the small group that did arrive and the mom-to-be-again had a really nice little party.

My friend and co-worker, Aradiana and her son did a wonderful job on the cake. It was greatly enjoyed and the teddy bears on the cake were ooh'ed and aah'ed appropriately. After we get all the pictures in, I will try to remember to modify this post to show off some of the pictures.

After a little clean-up, redishing and handing out left overs, and tidying the place back up to par, we all sat down to enjoy a few beers (Guinness in my case ;) ) and just enjoy our company for a few hours.

We had a minor panic after everyone was about to leave. One of the cars did not want to crank. So, me and my friend piled into my car, dragging a car battery along to Auto Zone and had it tested. Ok, Auto Zone says despite its look, it's perfectly fine. Ok, back home with the news. Next step, clean. Baking soda and some water with a toothbrush are taken to the contacts and battery to shine it up a bit and clear a little build-up around the terminals. Put it all back together and.....VROOM! Yay! So I did my good deed for the day and saved my friend a lot of money by sharing a little knowledge.

No comments: