Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day: 3/18/08

Well, today was a pain in the bud. Sinuses had kicked up to high gear apparently and left me weak and not doing so well. After trying to convince myself I did not have a temperature, I broke down and took it; 102F...yeah, ok, so I'm sick. I figure the only way to get myself back up and running is to take the day and drug myself up so much that I just sleep the day away and let the body do its thing. Robitussin, Sudafed, Halls, and Tylenol all start hitting the system every four hours. I'm glad the Robitussin knocks me out, because when I was awake, I think I felt worse.

For most of the my day, I spend it curled up either in the bed or on the couch sleeping in shifts, 3-3.5 hours here and there and then up for a bit waiting for the next medicine dose. Some times, I didn't get very much sleep since my son isn't quite old enough to understand that when someone is sick, it is usually better not to try to play horsey or giddy-up or jump on daddy. I did manage to keep my temper in check, so I didn't go flying off the handle today though I thought I might a few times. Momma tried her best to keep the kid in check and let me rest when I could.

I suppose the saying that 'you get worse before you get better' still holds pretty much true for me. I always struggle with certain things before it finally bests me and takes me down for a day, but usually after that day, I recover more or less fully in the next few. We'll have to see how this one goes.

Of other notes, I haven't been up to much. My time has been pretty much absorbed by projects around the house and work. My online time has been spent just working the emails and doing random searches for others who think I have some magick power to find exactly what they want for them. Ever try to find pictures of Princess Tiger Lily? Apparently from Peter Pan she isn't one of the more favored characters and finding cels of her are hard. Oh, sure, Tinkerbell is a snap, there are entire sites devoted just to her. But Tiger Lily is second to Tinkerbell apparently. Oh well.

I have not returned to the bible forum to date except long enough to copy and save all the messages to date that I have been involved in. Call me cautious, but I like to keep things like this that irritate me in case I need it later. Eventually I will delete it and forget about it, but for now, my irritation is still up at this place and at the moderator that was rather pushy towards me. So, I may go back, as the days go by, my curiosity of this place fades and I think less and less about it. I still am not sure why I was directed that way, perhaps it was just to give me something to do for a bit. I always say, "Chaos is funny that way." :)

No comments: