Monday, March 17, 2008

Day: 3/15/08

Ok, so when things go wrong, they usually do so at the worst possible time. Take for example my now deceased washing machine. While I am working Saturday, I get this cryptic call from the house saying that the "washing machine is making a funny sound." Now, guys, if you've dealt with a lot of women in this department, you know what this means. So, I say that there isn't much to be done about it right now, and I'll look at it when I get home. I get home that evening and proceed to yank out the dryer, and then the washing machine. Ok, so far, so good....except what is that black stuff on the floor? Oh great, metal filings, not a good sign. Ok, plug it up and check a few cycles to see what happens. Lots of noise, but not much motion to the ocean. (Almost like a bad sex video ;) ) Yeah, this is not a good thing.

I hang up my belt and hit the hay. At midnight, there isn't much that can be done to this machine or the clothes still in it.

RIP: GE Washing Machine, 3/15/08

Work for the most part was a pain. We were down a number of good people today, and on warehouse day, that is not a good thing. So those of us that were there and know how to do the work required busied ourselves as best we could at trying to put out as many warehouse totes as we could. We didn't get as far as we wanted, but did better than we could have hoped.

No comments: