Monday, December 29, 2008

Day: 12/29/08

Okay, so I am trying to get started on my exercises, again. We have had a beginning yoga dvd for a few months now, and have only used it once. With the holidays, everything, including exercise was pushed to the back burner. As a new year resolution (as if anyone really keeps those things) I am going to try to maintain some measure of an exercise routine. I can not keep on the way I am now. By most standards, I am obese. While I do not put much faith in the government standards, as I believe they are set for an agenda or a statistical purpose more than anything, it is still a measure that is more or less definite for the moment. As good a place to start as any.

So I did the 10 minute strength and stretching workout (all the routines on this dvd are 10 minutes long) and I was huffing and puffing during a couple of the poses. While I have pretty fair strength in my legs, they are not used to holding all my weight one leg at a time for an extended period of time. :)

Even if this does not necessarily work, at least I am trying to do something.

Happy holidays and a merry new year!

No comments: