Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dream: 5/16/08

Just a few bits of this dream remembered.

I recall seeing outside a number of times into a backyard much larger than my real backyard. In the yard was a variety of great and small cats, and some 'odd' dog-like creatures. I say dog-like because I knew them to be dogs, but they were over-developed in certain areas. Like the one I saw the clearest the front half was very developed and yet compact, but it did not strike a particular appearance like any dogs I have known.

Mostly the dream centered on the cats. One cat I knew was my young lady, Dixie. She has developed to be an indoor/outdoor cat, and during the dream she was outside. Most of the animals were content to leave her alone, but in the yard was a large tiger. This tiger was more aggressive than the other cats. I saw a cat seem to run towards the house as if it had been wounded and the hair was kind of tangled and in tufts.

Thinking this was Dixie, I went to the door to let her in. Not seeing her near the door, I entered the yard to look for her. I saw the real Dixie out in the mid part of the yard. She saw me and began heading my way. As she moved, the tiger began to advance on her in a manner as if to attack. I turned to face the tiger and gave a strong command. The tiger hesitated at my voice, waited a moment, then began to approach again. Three times I halted the tiger, and each time it would wait and then begin to advance. Finally, Dixie made the backdoor and went into the house with me right behind her.

End of memory.

No comments: